Our blinds either have a cord-free mechanism or come with a safety device in line with the latest regulations.
When you’re choosing new blinds, curtains or shutters for a child’s room, then you should consider designs that work without cords or chains. We’ve got lots of different options to choose from, depending on your window type and choice of window covering:
- Our PerfectFit frames click into place between the beading and glass of a UPVC window, with the blinds fitting within this made-to-measure casing. There are no operating cords at all. Instead the blinds are controlled using a simple tab or wand. Our Pleated, Venetian and Roller blinds can all be installed in this way.
- Another great option is our cord and chain-free luxury Roller blinds.
- Take your Roller blind one step further with a fully motorised option. Your blind is operated with a remote control, removing the need for any chains.
- Plus, all our Vertical blinds are wand-operated, so free of cords and chains as standard.
- Curtains for a pole or on a standard track have no operating cords either.
- You could also consider our collection of stylish shutters, which are inherently safe by design.
Child Safety Devices
By law, designs with cords or chains must always be secured with a child safety device, whether or not you have children living with you. This is because little ones may visit your home from time to time. And if you decide to move, the blinds that you leave behind must be safe for the new owners:
- Our standard Roman, Venetian, Wooden and free-hang Pleated blinds are installed with a cleat for the controls to be wrapped around. This device is fitted at a height of at least 1.5 metres from the ground.
- Our Roller, Vertical and deluxe Roman blinds are fitted with a hook to keep the controls taut.
- Breakaway components are another safety feature of certain blinds, which sense when a certain amount of force is placed upon them. These are also easy to reassemble if you pull a control too hard and they end up breaking away accidentally.